Our (MM-BSM-5) is hand-made with high quality products to ensure long life and excellent recordings! These omni- directional microphones are extremely small in size (approx. 6mm wide x 5mm long). Each microphone element is strategically mounted for maximum performance. Six feet of high quality shielded microphone cable exits the rear of each cartridge and are terminated into a gold plated 1/8" ( 3.5 mm) stereo plug.
These microphones have a very naturally crisp sound, providing deep bass, smooth mid-range and clean high-range with a frequency response of typically +/-2dB. They can be easily plugged into any Minidisc, Dat or analog recorder that supplies a bias voltage of between 1.5 to 10 volts D.C. (also known as plug in power) at the microphone input jack.
Excellent for the following recorders but not limited to: Edirol R9, Kodak Zi8 HD pocket video camera, Olympus DS-40, Olympus LS-10, Tascam DR-01, Tascam DR-03, Tascam DR-07, Yamaha CX, Zoom H1, Zoom H2 and Zoom H4N.
Note: If your recorder does not provide a bias voltage or if you want to feed your recorders line inputs to avoid overloading your recorder's mic pre-amplifier, you can use one of our Battery Modules (check out our Battery-Module Section).
Battery Modules will power the microphones with optimum power ( 9 volts D.C ), increase dynamic range and enable the mics to handle higher (SPL) sound pressure levels ( loud sounds ) without distortion.
- Frequency response: 20- 20,000 Hz
- Signal to noise ratio: 58dB, 1khz at 1pa
- Open circuit sensitivity : -42dB (5.6 mv) re 1v at 1pa
- Dynamic range: 90dB, 1kHz
- Maximum Input Sound Level: 105dB SPL (120 db when used with one of our battery modules), 1kHz at 1%
- Flat frequency response
- Comes with premium windscreens.
- Requires a bias voltage of 1.5 to 10 volts D.C. (also known as plug-in- power) or one of our battery modules.
- 1 Year Warranty