The pen microphone which is "omni- directional" (MM-PEN MIC) is hand-made and assembled with high quality products to ensure long life and excellent recordings! The outer casing of a "BIC" pen has been modified and designed for maximum recording performance! Installed at the "TIP" of the pen microphone is one of the very best microphone elements on the market today, and is the very same "ELEMENT" used in our "VIPER" Binaural Stereo Microphone. Exiting the bottom of the pen housing is 3 feet of high quality microphone cable with a "90 degree" 1/8" stereo miniplug for greater flexibility! The pen microphone is excellent for lectures (hands- free), live music recording and just about anything you could imagine.
This microphone has a naturally crisp sound, providing deep bass, smooth mid-range and clean high-range with a frequency response of typically +/- 2 db. This can be easily plugged into any Minidisc, Dat or Analog recorder that supplies a bias voltage of between 1.5 to 10 volts D.C. ( also known as plug in power) at the microphone input jack.
Excellent for the following recorders but not limited to: Edirol R9, Kodak Zi8 HD pocket video camera, Olympus DS-40, Olympus LS-10, Tascam DR-01, Tascam DR-03, Tascam DR-07, Yamaha CX, Zoom H1, Zoom H2 and Zoom H4N.
If you want to increase dynamic range and enable your microphones to handle loud sounds, checkout our optional Battery/filter Modules.
- Frequency response: 20- 20,000 Hz
- Signal to noise ratio: 58dB, 1khz at 1pa
- Open circuit sensitivity : - 42dB (5.6 mv) re 1v at 1pa
- Dynamic range: 90dB, 1kHz
- Maximum Input Sound Level: 105dB SPL (120 db when used with one of our battery modules), 1kHz at 1%
- Flat frequency response
- Requires a bias voltage of 1.5 to 10 volts D.C. (also known as plug-in- power) or one of our battery modules.
- 1 Year Warranty
- Check out our Battery / Filter Module Section (mono) or (stereo)
- Supplies the microphone(s) with optimum power (9 volts D.C.), increases dynamic range and overall performance!!